RFI

Re: [RFI] SO2R and 2nd harmonic

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] SO2R and 2nd harmonic
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 11:05:32 -0700
Frank,

I don't view this as an "either-or" situation. That is, BOTH our own transmitters and these external non-linear distortion generators can be causing the problem. When both are present, BOTH proper stub design/good coax wiring AND finding/defeating the external non-linear distortion generator are required.

It's the same old story of "peeling the onion" with multi-element problems. You fix one element, allowing you to hear the other underlying components that were obscured by the one you fixed.

Using the contesting trailer documented in k9yc.com/7QP.pdf, we had no issues with harmonics when set up in the middle of nowhere, but DID have issues with external distortion sources when set up within a half mile or so of "civilization."

73, Jim K9YC