RFI

Re: [RFI] Delta Touch Controlled Kitchen Faucet RFI Issue

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Delta Touch Controlled Kitchen Faucet RFI Issue
From: "Gary Peterson" <kzerocx@rap.midco.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 05:39:42 -0600
Interesting thought.  But water being a conductor would probably work as an
antenna.
Bob
N2SCJ

Tap water is a rather poor conductor, compared to salt water.   Pure (i.e.,
distilled) water is a good insulator.  I have worked on UHF transmitters
that were cooled with distilled water in contact with voltages approaching
30 kV.  In AM broadcasting, ground conductivity is important to coverage.
Salt water is excellent.  Fresh water isn't any better than plain old dirt.
If it were me, I would be inclined to try it.

Gary, KzeroCX
broadcast engineer, mostly retired