RFI

[RFI] Emergency Radio and Earbuds 021718 8:44a.m.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Emergency Radio and Earbuds 021718 8:44a.m.
From: WD8ARZ <wd8arz@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 09:06:19 -0500
This little package could be useful for looking an rfi source. Doesnt attract attention while your doing it to boot. Bill / WD8ARZ in NW Indiana ... out

We all enjoy our radios, but sometimes rfi can be a pain. Wanting to know what is going on around me is important to me, so a small standard battery am / fm radio is needed..... and it turned out to be a good rfi tracking radio with out attracting those that would misunderstand what your doing. What I ended up choosing is details below, and it is very very inexpensive 73 from Bill / WD8ARZ in N.W Indiana.

Great emergency very portable am/fm radio so small it can be in your pocket all the time and you wont notice it.

To listen to your radio and not attract attention, I suggest earbuds. They are small enough to carry easily in a pocket too. They work very well with this very small am/fm radio that I have with me all the time. http://memorex-ce.com/product/amfm-pocket-radio/ Was very surprised to find that the sensitivity and selectivity of this super small am/fm radio is very good. This radio uses standard AAA batteries too. Both the radio, spare batteries, and earbuds will fit in a very very small zip snack bag https://www.glad.com/food-storage/bags/food-storage-zipper-snack/ https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Pinch-Seal-Zipper-Snack-Bags-100-Ct/11997739

Even though ear buds come with the radio, they are not very comfortable for me to wear, especially if I am laying down. The stereo earbuds below are small enough in your ear you can actually fall asleep with them and they wont bother you. https://www.walmart.com/ip/V7-Noise-Isolating-Stereo-Earbuds-Black/20434681