RFI

Re: [RFI] Emergency Radio and Earbuds 021718 Noon EST

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Emergency Radio and Earbuds 021718 Noon EST
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 12:15:32 -0500
I was imprecise with my request.

I was just looking for the actual dimensions of the radio,
and perhaps the actual weight.

The only pockets I have that will hold a 7x5x7 radio are
in my 511 pants ...

Thanks,

DavidC KD4E

I dont have the actual numbers David. Maybe that info is on the web somewhere. If you find it, please drop me the url, would appreciate it. However as I said, the Memorex Model MR4240 compares with the AM / FM sensitivity of the PL660 radio when I do direct real time comparisons with each radio tuned to the same weak station that doesnt peg the signal bar. If I can hear it on the PL660 a.m and f.m. bands, I can hear it just as well on the Memorex Model MR4240. The Tescun PL660 uses an internal ferrite bar antenna for a.m. and a whip for the f.m.  The MR4240 use the ear phone cable as the antenna for both bands.

The specs for the PL660 however are at: https://swling.com/db/2011/01/tecsun-pl-660/

Having a couple of both radios, so its easy for me to quickly compare them to each other. Of course the PL660 has other bands that the MR4240 does not.  73 fro Bill WD8ARZ in N.W. Indiana ... out