RFI

Re: [RFI] 1 second pulse on 30M

To: Rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 1 second pulse on 30M
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 08:56:43 -0700
"The only "electric fences" here are dog fences. There was one that was a problem from down the road but when they moved I made sure it was turned off. It had an oscillating sound, this is a sharp tick. There's no livestock fence near here, I'm at the dead end of a "gated" community and the nearest house away from my street is over a mile away."

Although it could be anything at this point, don't rule out an electric fence, either. I pick up one from a quarter mile away, from an area with no livestock or dogs, it's only apparent purpose, to generate noise, and consume electricity. Additionally, I've seen them around a single tree, a bee hive, or a small garden. It may be protecting an area a couple feet across, not hundreds of yards in length and easy to see, find, or even be where/why expected.

Kurt