RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI in Kings Park - Update October 4th 2018

To: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>, "Gruber, Mike W1MG" <mgruber@arrl.org>, Tony Brock-Fisher <barockteer@aol.com>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI in Kings Park - Update October 4th 2018
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 02:27:59 -0400
On 10/11/2018 4:09 PM, Hare, Ed W1RFI wrote:
Mike has been in communication with the Solar Edge engineers almost from the
beginning,

Ed:

I'm aware of that and I appreciate everything Mike has done. The problem is that they've ignored his suggestions for 2 years now and I'm afraid they'll continue with half-baked solutions like the RFI absorbing foam they proposed.

To give you an idea of what we're up against, I discussed Tony Bock-Fishers article with the engineers many times, but when it finally came time to install the chokes, they refused to wrap the cables around the cores because the "turns would damage the cables".

Things might get done right this time if Mike would discus the next plan of action with Tefford Reed, the engineer in charge of my case.  I'm hoping he will do that.

Thanks,

Tony -K2MO