RFI

Re: [RFI] Common mode choke on 4 Square feedlines without skewing phasin

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Common mode choke on 4 Square feedlines without skewing phasing?
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 14:44:51 -0600
I've had a number of different elevated radial configurations with a 40m 4SQ and from my personal experience the addition of ferrites to the individual feeds did improve the directional characteristic significantly.  The data is not clear because this is a subjective observation, and in each case the elevated radial configuration was improved as well.

When I put the 4sq down to ground level, with on-ground radial fields, I did not use ferrites on the feedlines - the feedline was buried about 1 inch below ground level.  The directional characteristic in this configuration is excellent as well.

In both configurations there has been a serious coax choke at the hybrid on the main feedline from the shack.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com