RFI

Re: [RFI] Common mode choke on 4 Square feedlines without skewing phasin

To: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Common mode choke on 4 Square feedlines without skewing phasing?
From: Andy KU7T <ku7t@ku7t.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 22:57:47 +0000
Thanks for everyone’s input. I did some measurements.

I can do about 4 turns of 5” diameter of the coax and still reach the phasing
box, bury the cable in a few spots where it goes over a walkway in conduit. In
a few spots I have to run slightly elevated and also run up to the vertical
feed points in 45 degree angles. Its not a big deal as this is in the woods and
I do not care about esthetics.  My elements are not exactly on the same
elevation, that’s why I am loosing a foot or two in length in a few of those
coax. If it was all flat, I think I could do 6 turns or so…

So, I am contemplating putting up 4 turns x 7 #31 2.4 “ cores = 4000 Ohm at 4
Mhz. Maybe I can squeeze 10 cores on there, then I would be above 5000 Ohm.

Thanks again for the inputs.

73

Andy

KU7T