RFI

Re: [RFI] Bulk order source for Ferrite beads?

To: RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Bulk order source for Ferrite beads?
From: bill K7WXW <K7WXW@qrpdx.org>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 10:37:23 -0800
I did a ferrite bulk order two months ago.  I got quotes from Pacific Lodestone, DigiKey, Kreg, Mouse, Newark and Arrow.  On the T31 and T43 parts, Arrow was least expensive on all but the 2.4" toroids and T31 1" snap-ons, even at less than 25 quantities.  I was surprised to find that Pacific Lodestone was not competitive and for many of the parts, had minimum order quantities of 100.

I split my order between Arrow and Kreger.  Arrow shipped for free, Kreger charged freight shipping. By the way, the Kreger rep worked with me on price on several of the parts and the shipping.

To be honest, I can't figure out how Arrow is making money these days. Several boxes of parts came from the Netherlands, and all of the parts were shipped overnight.

73 de bill K7WXW