RFI

Re: [RFI] Bulk order source for Ferrite beads?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Bulk order source for Ferrite beads?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 16:11:17 -0500
I appreciate what you are giving back.
Back in the "old days" before today's memorization, I taught many novice classes. Some were even continuing education classes I used to help out with tower and antenna work  for locals as well as storm chasing before two strokes, a heart attack, and severe Arthritis put a stop to all that.  I didn't like to see newbies as well as out of shape old timers going up towers.  Few realize just how dangerous climbing and working "up there" can be.  I even had to rescue a non climber who went up, looked down and froze. I was thankful he hadn't made it all the way to the antenna. As it was it took an hour to get him down. I have trouble watching a non climber do that kind of work.  I was comfortable doing it and actually liked climbing. I would much rather do it for them than see them taking risks they had no idea as to to how dangerous what they were doing, was

It was a great example of "Ignorance is bliss" that could get them killed.