RFI

Re: [RFI] SolarEdge Finds New Source of Solar System RFI

To: r55stan@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] SolarEdge Finds New Source of Solar System RFI
From: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 23:14:10 -0400
The house directly across from me had a 21 panel Solar Edge array mounted on
his roof. Judging from the activity there, the roof work is all wired and
complete. I spoke with the installer during installation, and provided him a
couple of articles from QST. I was somewhat optimistic, until his last trip
here. This local company is just a third party installer for the company from
CA that sold the system. Solar Green Technologies I believe. It’s a newer Solar
Edge, per the installer. He said he’d love to help but he needs to wire it per
the specs he was given or he doesn’t get paid.  HD Wave I think he called it.
I’m not certain it’s connected to the house circuitry yet, but I’m fairly
certain the panels/optimizers are wired and pumping RFI, as this sunny morning,
during an ARES net on 3.983, I was getting noise. Looking at it on my rsp1a, it
looked like every 36kc was a definite spike and signal, all the way from 2-4
meg....I expect the electrical inspector will be there Monday or so, and then I
guess it goes live. Then I’m told I’ll get noise from the inverter as well 😩

Sent from my iPad