RFI

Re: [RFI] SolarEdge Finds New Source of Solar System RFI

To: "'Roger \(K8RI\)'" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] SolarEdge Finds New Source of Solar System RFI
From: <r55stan@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2019 08:29:02 -0700
Wouldn't the noise from semiconductors tend to be random (broadband white
noise) in nature?  Much like the added noise from an amplifier due to its noise
figure value?  The RFI I have experienced from SolarEdge systems falls at
regular intervals in frequency, the harmonics of a switching frequency.  As for
choking the optimizers having little effect, there is a good chance they missed
one or more of them.  It took four visits at a house 200 feet from me for the
technicians to find all of them.  Even a single optimizer without ferrites
makes a lot of RFI.

73, Randy KQ6RS