RFI

Re: [RFI] FW: After 40 years of searching, scientists identify the key f

To: "'KD7JYK DM09'" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] FW: After 40 years of searching, scientists identify the key flaw in solar panel efficiency
From: <r55stan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 17:01:32 -0700
What is the noise voltage level (or power level into a load) from a solar
cell?  For example, if it is -120 dBm and the signals coupled from the
wiring of a solar array to your antenna is 50dB lower, you would never pick
up the -170dBm signal.  It would be good to have some measured values to
know if solar cell noise could radiate a detectable signal.

I have also been told by a SolarEdge engineer that the solar cells might be
part of the RFI problem.  However, when I asked him to explain why, he could
not.  What I would believe is there could be some interaction between the
switching in the optimizers and the solar cells and due to their size, the
solar panels can radiate these signals.

Randy KQ6RS