RFI

Re: [RFI] Inter-station interference question.

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Inter-station interference question.
From: Mike - W5JR <w5jr.lists@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 00:40:26 -0500
If any of the “RG214” is in fact a shield over foil braid, replace it with real
RG214. As Jim mentions, passive intermod (PIM) usually rears its ugly head
after installation of all the cool stuff. You will want to confirm that all of
the components, radios, amplifiers, filters, feedlines, towers, guy systems,
are *bonded* together to further reduce the possibility of PIM.

PIM will be the biggest hurdle in making any multi transmitter situation play
nice. Often the PIM generator is external to your feedline or antenna. It’s the
“killjoy” of many a Field Day setup over here.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA