RFI

Re: [RFI] FCC Complaint Filing

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] FCC Complaint Filing
From: "N8GLS" <n8gls@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 13:00:01 -0500
First and foremost, thanks to all who have (and still are) offering
comments, ideas, and suggestions.

I will look at an SDR dongle to aide in what appears will be a long and
daily pursuit of local interference causing devices.   Still looking at
spectrum analyzers as they apparently have come way down in price since I
last looked (too many years ago).  Surprising less than or equal to some of
the SDR defined radios I own, so can't say one wouldn't be a worthy
addition.

I have to go back and read the listing standards for these lighting devices
to see just what the requirements are.  I think those devices fall under a
category allowing self-certification.  There were no "FCC" markings on the
device anywhere, but again, the standard(s) may not require any marking at
all.  They were an ETL listed device and I still know a few people there and
will get in touch them this week to see what tests were or were not
performed.

As for this whole process, it's a bit disheartening actually.  I have no
blame for any agency or organization and really my only complaint is that of
my own impatience.  I certainly will be advocating for better and easier to
acquire documentation explaining the process.  I thank those that have
published articles and presentations as those provided insight, knowledge
and hope, if not just solace in knowing somebody else has been down this
road.

Thanks all and I'll post updates as they transpire,

73, Brad N8GLS