RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 203, Issue 15

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 203, Issue 15
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 23:22:23 +0000 (UTC)
 I'm friendly with the RFI sleuth with our local electric coop (also a ham).
He tells me that ground level ultrasonic sniffers are pretty worthless.  Any
physical obstruction attenuates the signal, according to him.  They do use one
but on a hot stick where it can sniff up close.  Unfortunately, it's a union
shop so he can't do it and has to have a line crewman do it.  The logistics of
this are really detrimental to efficiency.  (Unspoken opinion of unions goes
Wes  N7WS