RFI

Re: [RFI] Multi-Stage High Efficiency Air Conditioner Units

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Multi-Stage High Efficiency Air Conditioner Units
From: <krgoodwin@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 15:11:56 -0600
Don't forget the problem in reverse.  On my new variable speed HVAC system,
with a KW linear on CW - I would actually key the compressor.  (Even though
the compressor timeout would disallow multi on/offs, the contactor relay
would still send good CW !)  The culprit was the thermostat line
(4-conductor) where installing an RF filter (LC circuit) on each of the four
conductors in addition to some ferrites on the line easily solved the
problem.  Next re-install I will put in a shielded multi-conductor
thermostat control line which was my baseline for the house LAN (shielded
ethernet line).  Shielded cat XX (ethernet) line costs more but I think the
cost is worth it since my tower/beam is right next to the house  Ken K5RG