RFI

Re: [RFI] Arc-fault breakers

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Arc-fault breakers
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 11:40:16 -0500
In our area bedrooms are required, in new construction, to have the
AFCI (Awful Faulty Circuit Interrupters) installed.

The justification for these quirky devices is to detect low-level
failures in wiring buried in the wall.

The reality is constant false triggers & replacement with traditional
breakers.

Either someone didn't do their homework at the national level or
it's the usual follow-the-money problem.

On 2/23/20 9:06 AM, krgoodwin@comcast.net wrote: When I discussed > changing out my circuit breaker box with arc-fault circuit breakers