RFI

Re: [RFI] Arc-fault breakers

To: 'Dennis Monticelli' <dennis.monticelli@gmail.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Arc-fault breakers
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J via RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:26:58 +0000
An electrician friend of mine told me the ARC-fault breakers are now required
in National Electric Code 2020.  He said it's a disaster for the customers and
a big money maker for the electricians.

It's not just RF that trips these, it's any appliances that are plugged into
the circuit.  It's required for all kitchen appliances and washer and dryers.
Problem is, ACR-fault breakers used to say right on the box, "Do not use with
motors."  They probably think they solved that problem, but in fact have not.

If NEC requirements are required for all changes and remodel projects, I
suggest doing your own electrical work like I just did on a kitchen remodel.
Other you will need to change them anyway out after the electrician is gone.

73, de ed -K0iL