RFI

Re: [RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics

To: Alan Higbie <alan.higbie@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics
From: Dale Johnson <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 05:51:50 -0600
The entire city of Bloomington, Minnesota has LED street lights.  There is one
less than a half block from my house.  The Mall of America is six miles East of
me and the entire parking ramp is LED lighted.

I was also concerned when they started the project.  So far I have not noticed
any increase of noise from these lights.  They’ve been in place now for a few
years.  They save on electric power and the old street lights used to be a
problem when the automatic switches failed, those were operated by light
sensors on top of the old street lights.  I think there is a similar setup with
the LED lights, but so far have not failed..

Good luck

Dale, K9VUJ