RFI

Re: [RFI] An entire village lost its broadband at the same time every da

To: 'Don Kirk' <wd8dsb@gmail.com>, "dan.k2ywe@gmail.com" <dan.k2ywe@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] An entire village lost its broadband at the same time every day for 18 months
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J via RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 13:59:01 +0000
From: RFI On Behalf Of Don Kirk
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 8:08 PM

If RFI is power line noise the biggest problem I have had is getting in contact
with the correct person that deals with RFI issues as customer service
operators have no clue what I’m talking about or what department they should
forward me to.

---------------------------------
Don,

It varies with each power company, but for power-line RFI I recommend asking
for a contact in their telecomm department or whoever maintains their radio and
telephone systems.  This is sometimes under their IT division.  If they're not
responsible for tracking RFI they'll know who is their group for that.

Smaller utilities may out-source these issues.  Another group that may handle
RFI complaints is Power Quality.  Our customer service people who are new
usually send RFI complaints thru our power quality team, and one or two of
those guys know to send them on to our telecomm team.

73, de ed K0iL