RFI

Re: [RFI] Green Wire RFI

To: RFI <rfi@contesting.com>, K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Green Wire RFI
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 12:19:14 +0000 (UTC)
 It should NOT be tied to the piping.  Look for some dielectric unions at the
tank.  Then hook the safety wire back up, right now.
Wes  N7WS

    On Friday, November 13, 2020, 5:48:53 PM MST, K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
wrote:

 While I generally agree that the green (ground) wire should go through the CM
choke, here’s an exception: My gas water heater was shutting down whenever I
was on 160. It has a grounding cord, but the ground is totally redundant
because the tank is tied into the copper plumbing. (That would not be the case
with non-metallic plumbing.) I made a choke with a two-wire extension cord, and
left the green wire open. No more cold showers.

73,
Scott K9MA