RFI

Re: [RFI] Green Wire RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Green Wire RFI
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 11:24:02 -0800
On 11/15/2020 11:06 AM, K9MA wrote:
Of course, I verified that the tank was connected to the copper plumbing and electrical
system ground. I could connect the green wire without going through the CM choke, though it
would be redundant. Including that wire in the choke would short it out, making it
ineffective on the hot and neutral wires. I can see how this could be a problem with other
equipment which has a direct ground connection in addition to the green wire. In such cases,
if there’s RFI on the green wire, it probably should have a separate choke.
Thankfully, I’ve never had to deal with that.

Scott,

Go back and read my previous post on this. What you are doing is unsafe and illegal. By LAW, the green wire MUST be run with the phase and neutral conductors to the equipment.

73, Jim K9YC