RFI

Re: [RFI] Snow Stops Solar Panel RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Snow Stops Solar Panel RFI
From: Dave Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 13:58:58 -0800
Just enough to collapse the support structure works well...  ;)

73, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)
https://www.nk7z.net

On 12/21/20 1:45 PM, Tony wrote:
All:
All: Snow brought some welcomed relief from the RFI being generated by my neighbors solar panel system. We had a major storm and the snow was pilled high on all the panels. It's slowly melting exposing more panels each day so the noise is returning. It was nice to be able to work HF during the day for a while without that S-9 noise! Tony -K2MO

Not that it matters much, but does anyone know what the snow depth needs to be before a solar panel becomes inoperative?

Seems to be above 1/2 inch when viewing my neighbors panels from a distance. A dusting doesn't do much.

Tony