RFI

Re: [RFI] Snow Stops Solar Panel RFI

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Snow Stops Solar Panel RFI
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 18:30:05 -0500
On 12/21/2020 6:12 PM, Dan K2YWE wrote:
I can point you to a snowmaking machine . . .  😎
73, Dan

Now that's an idea Dan!

Tony

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 4:45 PM Tony <73guddx@gmail.com <mailto:73guddx@gmail.com>> wrote:

    All:
    > All: Snow brought some welcomed relief from the RFI being
    generated by
    > my neighbors solar panel system. We had a major storm and the
    snow was
    > pilled high on all the panels. It's slowly melting exposing more
    > panels each day so the noise is returning. It was nice to be
    able to
    > work HF during the day for a while without that S-9 noise! Tony
    -K2MO

    Not that it matters much, but does anyone know what the snow depth
    needs
    to be before a solar panel becomes inoperative?

    Seems to be above 1/2 inch when viewing my neighbors panels from a
    distance. A dusting doesn't do much.

    Tony