RFI

Re: [RFI] Difficult power line RFI find.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Difficult power line RFI find.
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 23:07:26 -0600
I presume that you know that was the right source because the problem went away after it was fixed. However, you don't say how you knew you were tracking the right source earlier. I've also tracked a lot of power line RFI, and have found that this is a huge issue. You will hear many noise sources while walking or driving around, most of which are NOT the one causing you the problem. My solution is to simultaneously listen to the noise relayed from the receiver at home and the tracking receiver. There are almost always fluctuations in the noise. When they match, I know I have the right source.

73,
Scott K9MA