RFI

Re: [RFI] Difficult power line RFI find.

To: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Difficult power line RFI find.
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 12:18:20 -0500
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for sharing your very similar story, and very interesting based on
the configuration of lines I was dealing with.  As a matter of fact I was
using Google Earth this morning to look at the lines I was dealing with
yesterday and wish I knew more about power distribution to better
understand all the hardware.  Nevertheless I too was dealing with parallel
running lines  in the area where I found the suspect pole.  One set of
lines which appear to be 3 phase run the full length of the road on the
North side of the street, and the suspect pole I located was also on the
North side of the street but it was fed by parallel running lines on the
South side of the street and I don't believe the South side of the street
lines are 3 phase.  The suspect pole then fed some additional poles running
up a very long driveway to a house set way back off the road.  The lines
that my antennas always pointed perpendicular to were the 3 phase lines on
the North side of the street which were not physically connected to the
lines with the suspect pole as far as I can tell, and if my theory is
correct that would say the RFI I was getting induced into the 3 phase lines
by the lines running on the South side of the street that were connected to
my suspect pole.

We shall see, but boy my story sounds very familiar with yours as far as
parallel running lines with a cross over to my suspect pole right under
what I'm calling the 3 phase lines that run the full length of the street
East/West.

Thanks,
Don (wd8dsb)