RFI

Re: [RFI] Difficult power line RFI find.

To: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Difficult power line RFI find.
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 08:22:07 -0800 (PST)
Nice work!

I've lost steam now that I'm just using FT8 and don't have to listen to
the radio. I'm also in the middle of town and have given up on tracking
down noisy houses.

I tended to use MFJ equipment, knowing I might have to modify it to work
the way I wanted it to, so I liked seeing your equipment in the video.
The 122MH beam/receiver from MFJ, for example, has no attenuator and
according to another ham, needs a balun as well as improvements. I got
the ultrasonic dish, and all I hear is 60Hz hum but it gave me the dish
I wanted as a starting point.

These reports are appreciated because it reminds me of the projects I
should be tackling to improve my gear even if I don't go out to look for
problems all the time.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com
BSEE + BSChem + BAEnglish + MSCS + $2.50 = coffee