RFI

Re: [RFI] Raspberry PI / Wall wart RFI

To: David Gottschalk <dave@highredline.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Raspberry PI / Wall wart RFI
From: Joseph Bouchard <joek1vw@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 08:16:25 -0400
We have a bunch of Raspberry Pi 3B at work which are powered off the USB port
of the Dell monitor they are plugged into, so I think the draw is quite low on
a bare Pi.  A standard USB port provides 500ma, and this monitor may provide a
bit more, but I doubt it’s an amp. As someone said, they spec it high in case
you plug in high draw accessories, like USB spinning hard drives or CD drives.
If you plug 4 of those accessories into a Pi, and they each draw 500ma, then
obviously the power supply feeding the pi needs to cover that.  That accounts
for the majority of the 2+amp requirement.