RFI

Re: [RFI] Raspberry PI / Wall wart RFI

To: David Gottschalk <dave@highredline.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Raspberry PI / Wall wart RFI
From: Alex <alex@kr1st.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 11:41:38 -0400
Hi David,

Check out Argon One power supplies on Amazon specifically for the Pi.

I've tried several power supplies that caused noise on the USB ports to the
SDR's that were hanging off the RPi 3B and 4B. I replaced them with the Argon
One wall warts. For a while I also used a linear power supply, until I found
these. Now, my main interest right now is mainly VHF and up weak signal, so I
don't hang out on HF as much anymore, but I don't think I ever heard any noise
from these on HF and I have a pretty low noise floor. Perhaps I should check
these power supplies with the IC-705 and see what they do.

The nice thing about these Argon One power supplies is that the output voltage
is slightly higher than others (5.25V). This compensates nicely for the voltage
drop caused by heavier loads on the Pi and prevents the low voltage indicator
from coming on.

73,
--Alex KR1ST