RFI

[RFI] Common Mode In-Shack Choke

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Common Mode In-Shack Choke
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 16:29:50 -0400
All:

While on the subject of common mode chokes, I'd like to add one in the shack to prevent common mode noise from getting into my transceiver (I already have chokes at the antennas).

I'd like to cover all HF bands if possible and wondered if using two chokes in line  i.e., one with mix 31 and the other with mix 43 would do the trick?

I was going to use 2.4 inch cores wrapped with RG-400 to keep things simple. I've seen flexible versions of this coax which seem suitable for the application and was wondering what brand is recommended. I have some Davis Buryflex 400 on hand, but it's way too stiff.

Tony -K2MO