RFI

Re: [RFI] Old wives tail, or true?

Subject: Re: [RFI] Old wives tail, or true?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 11:54:47 -0700
On 4/8/2021 6:01 AM, David Gottschalk wrote:
So really the only way to know for sure if you have common mode noise on the coax, is to put a filter in place?

The fundamentals of how antennas and transmission lines work combined with the proliferation of noise sources both in our own homes and those of our neighbors tells you that there will be common mode noise on any feedline, whether twinlead or coax, unless we use an effective common mode choke at the feedpoint to prevent it.

73, Jim K9YC