RFI

Re: [RFI] Crepe Myrtle growing into power pole RFI Why?

To: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>, Mike Martin <mike@rfiservices.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Crepe Myrtle growing into power pole RFI Why?
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 12:18:44 -0500
The noise at the crepe myrtle, now trimmed away from the pole, is still gone. Only thing I can theorize is that it was a combination of perfect conditions. Dry ground here lately thus poor ground for the ground wire and crepe myrtle (a tree) with spring sap flowing and deep tap root was providing a better ground and grew just close enough to set up a gap. A couple of the limbs I saw had flattened out around the old wood pole and probably the ground wire. It surprised me when i heard it down low on the pole with ultrasonic. And of course my doublet antenna end is within feet of this area. I was told all voltage in my county is 7.2kv.

Chuck
W4NBO