RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise located and FIXED

To: Dave Hachadorian <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise located and FIXED
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 17:46:45 -0400
Hi Dave,

Fantastic, and you got plenty close before switching to VHF.   I typically
switch to VHF when I’m typically within 0.1 or 0.2 miles from the faulty
pole.  I have sometimes heard power line noise 0.75 miles away up on 135MHz
using my portable 4 element 2 meter Yagi in which I have lengthened the tip
of each element about 1.4 inches using alligator clips to maintain a proper
pattern on 135 MHz where my VHF AM radio operates.

Thanks again for sharing.

73,
Don wd8dsb