RFI

[RFI] What was that noise?

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] What was that noise?
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 12:30:21 -0400
For what it might be worth in terms of "where to look", I discovered today that my Ryobi 18v hand drill charger and the charger for an older Black and Decker electric screwdriver were both generating wideband noise.

Sound in my AM 136 MHz handi was interesting.  After unplugging, took ~10 seconds to go completely quiet, and upon restarting I could hear a distinct "I'm starting up now" noise from the Ryobi charger a few seconds after power restored..

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.