RFI

Re: [RFI] DFing intermittent connection

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>, RFI List <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] DFing intermittent connection
From: Stephanie WX3K via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 15:41:18 -0400
DAS - Distributed Antenna systems used in major airport/commercial to
redistribute cellular service

PIM - Passive Intermodulation, usually caused by the rusty(ferrous) connection
that will cause IM products as a result. Usually found in poorly
tightened/crimped connectors and can be caused by an external source outside
the coaxial cables.

Your 2nd harmonic may in fact be caused by a rusty connection somewhere that is
excited with higher power levels. Does it occur no matter what power levels ?
Or just high power levels ?

Stephanie WX3K