RFI

Re: [RFI] UPS recommendations -which Tripp Lite models

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] UPS recommendations -which Tripp Lite models
From: donovanf@erols.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 10:35:24 -0400 (EDT)
Many of us use UPSs primarily to back up our computers,
but the UPS function isn't very important any more. Its still wise
to have surge suppression in your home

Developments in recent years that have made UPSs less important:
- very robust windows 10 power failure recovery
- no more electro-mechanical disks
- widespread use of laptop computers

I've had an unrecoverable Windows 10 power failure in well over
five years.

73
Frank
W3LPL