RFI

Re: [RFI] Working with Utilities

To: "Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>, "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Working with Utilities
From: James Gordon Beattie Jr <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 04:11:44 +0000
Hi Folks!
Let me affirm Ed's comments about the process used to produce the current draft
document.  There was  very engaged input from the utility community.  I
contributed a small annex despite highly intermittent meeting attendance that
spanned years of committee effort. This annex focused on how impairments to
power systems could impact and be revealed by negative characteristics in
DSL/VDSL operations.  Ed, Mike, and many others put in a huge amount of time
and effort to produce a useful, practical document for the industry to use.
Kudos to my colleagues for their persistence, thoroughness and technical
insights.  We will all be better for their leadership.
73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964