RFI

Re: [RFI] S FL Noise help

To: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] S FL Noise help
From: myles landstein <myles.landstein@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 19:07:34 -0400
hi Kirt. appreciate the. response

I’ll try to take a stab at the questions you asked…

the freq  range was. 440-449.
mode FM
types of receivers,  Commercial moto or kenwood mobile radios, also various
brands ham HT’s
antenna used mobile dual band diamond,  ht’s. =rubber duck
areas. were. as mentioned. as it was all over.   i didn’t find a place w/o the.
noise. i don’t have the ability to really drive around. and denote a block that
might be rf quiet vs a block that is noisy. as it is all over a vast area.
I can try to make some recordings.  in a day or so, but not sure how/where i
can post them
strength was normally s9

did i have electronics. on me, == they were removed.  for testing noise
persisted   i’ve not heard this noise. anyplace. else. but it’s so wide spread
n prevalent. in this s fl. region i am positive someone must know what it is :)

I have not tried to listen. around 434

am new here so can’t say if there are any radar like. set ups.

happy to provide any info.    i think i covered all your questions.  happy to
provide more info.  and. can make a recording soon if you can suggest where i
can upload it

again , thanks so much for responding.  the noise is annoying. for sure but am
also curious what it is and if it is ‘legal’ or not.

thoughts??

thanks
ml