RFI

Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis and Resolutio

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis and Resolution
From: Gary Smith <wa6fgi@steeltrails.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 15:05:21 -0700
Forgot to add, the tower has its own ground (bonding point) via 1 1/2 copper strap to its own 8 foot long ground road.

Gary...wa6fgi

On 10/26/2021 2:54 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 10/26/2021 2:22 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
The very few who have asked me about unwanted signals, when I ask if their station is grounded, I get some strange looks and mumbles and usually "I gotta go home and check".

Most hams confuse Grounding and Bonding, which are VERY different. An earth connection matters ONLY for lighting protection and electrical safety. Bonding matters for those issues, and also minimizes hum, buzz, and RFI. Bonding consists of tying together ALL earth electrodes, all station equipment, the station common point, including antenna entry panels and arrestors, towers that are adjacent to the house, etc.

73, Jim K9YC