RFI

Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis and Resolutio

To: "'rfi'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis and Resolution
From: "Lloyd - N9LB" <lloydberg@tds.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 00:00:13 -0500
I guess they didn't have a capacitor tester on their bench.  Maybe they
didn't even have a bench, or spare parts, or a real engineer - just a "board
swapper".

I was in AM, FM and TV engineering for 50 years.  You didn't go home until
the problem was fixed.  If you didn't have the correct part, you made one (
i.e. series/parallel to get a value close enough ).   If you really couldn't
cook up a substitute, you called all the other engineers in town looking to
borrow the spare part you needed.

It is not like that anymore.  Glad I'm retired.

Lloyd - N9LB