RFI

Re: [RFI] ft240 Designation

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ft240 Designation
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 14:24:34 -0800
No standards AFAIK, similar performance ferrites from different makers have different names. Or one might say there are so many standards that every body can have their own. One text will use one makers ID (letters) and another will use Fair-Rites numbers. It's up to the engineer to figure that out and measure how "compatible" they are.

Many Fair-Rite part numbers do include their 2 digit ferrite type in the longer number as digit positions 3 & 4.

Making highly technical ferrites to precise specs is difficult. It's a messy business with wide manufacturing tolerances. When we made memory cores most of the finished product failed final electrical test and went back into the ball mills.

Grant KZ1W