RFI

Re: [RFI] Tower/Antenna Reradiation

To: <mjwetzel@comcast.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Tower/Antenna Reradiation
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:33:30 -0500
Hi Mike,

Several ideas.

Your coax chokes (known as ugly baluns - two reasons - #1 they look ugly -
#2 they don't work very well) - have very small CMI - I suggest much better
chokes

You need bypass low Z conductors (thick and short) across your rotation
systems (all of them). Bearings have dissimilar metals - a breeding ground
for harmonics.

I have been down these same roads and I have solved these issues with
bonding and high CMI chokes.

73
Tim K3LR