RFI

Re: [RFI] Whirlpool Washer noise

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Whirlpool Washer noise
From: Steve K8JQ via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:08:09 -0400
Hi Mike.

I acquired a Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum several years ago and found it generated noise that made the lower HF bands pretty much useless. I did not check the higher bands.

I wrapped ten turns of the machine's power cord through a ferrite core. This reduced the birdies on 40 meters from S5-S6 to very weak, barely discernible above the noise level, not moving the S-meter. It cleared up 80 as well.

The ferrite I used was a Fair-Rite 2631814002. It is mix 31 and has a 3in inside diameter, 4in outside diameter.

Steve, K8JQ