RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Awareness At Dayton

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Awareness At Dayton
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 23:58:10 -0400
Dave:

> Please be sure to coordinate this with the ARRL first!

Absolutely. The ARRL is our ONLY advocate and it's a shame they have to walk on eggshells begging for cooperation from Big Solar. I don't blame the FCC for that - I blame hams for not taking action.

I might be off base here, but I don't see any downside to petitioning the FCC to rethink emissions limits to benefit hams. When it comes to solar, no company is going to invest millions in retro-fitting thousands of installations with a low-noise components just to satisfy hams. The only hope is to tighten regulations.

Another thing to consider is the current FCC regulations regarding harmful interference. As Ed Hare points out, the regulations are such that the interference caused by a device can be WELL above your noise floor and still be within FCC limits. So even if we had the army of FCC agents needed to investigate hundreds of complaints, hams would not be satisfied with the outcome.

Tony -K2MO