RFI

[RFI] Solar Panel RFI Awareness At Dayton

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Solar Panel RFI Awareness At Dayton
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 00:51:21 -0400

On 5/22/2022 6:27 PM, Dave (NK7Z) wrote:
There is of course, some reasonable level of RFI that can not be corrected if the system is next door to you

That does seem logical Dave. I'm on 0.4 acres and I suspect most hams have similar plots of land where a neighbors solar panel system is likely to be within 200 feet or less of ones antennas. My neighbors system is roughly 125 feet from my tower and the noise is horrendous.

The bottom line is that the systems need to be redesigned or at least retrofitted with quiet components. I'm hopping the ARRL will eventually get their hands on a mock system so they can determine where the problems are and recommend a solution.

There's no doubt that cost will determine how receptive these companies will be to those recommendations.

Tony -K2MO