RFI

Re: [RFI] Caught in the act!

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>, "k1ttt@arrl.net" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Caught in the act!
From: "Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 18:33:40 +0000
From: RFI <rfi-bounces+w1rfi=arrl.org@contesting.com> on behalf of
k1ttt.dave@gmail.com <k1ttt.dave@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 1, 2022 12:33 PM
To: rfi@contesting.com <rfi@contesting.com>

"Then looking around, I noticed a broken side mounted insulator on the high
voltage line, with that line laying across the service drops to four nearby
houses."

That is a major safety issue and should be reported to fire and utility
emergency lines immediately!  If there were a break in the insulation on the hv
line it could result in the houses being energized with the high voltage which
could be deadly to anyone touching any appliance or even plumbing fittings...
it would also likely cause fires in the affected houses as the home wiring
insulation breaks down.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net