RFI

Re: [RFI] Momentum Solar

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Momentum Solar
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 21:07:13 -0400
Stephanie:

Your neighbors system might be one of the few on the market that produce less noise than others so consider yourself lucky. It may still produce noise, but keep in mind that the proximity of the installation to your antenna has a lot to do with how much noise is detected.

The noise from my neighbors Solar Edge system reads S-9 on my HF mobile setup when parked 50 feet from his home and I have to move at least 200 feet away in order for the noise to drop off completely.

My home station antenna is more than 100 feet away from that same neighbor, but the height and gain of the Yagi antenna brings the noise up to S-9 PLUS at that distance so antenna gain plays a role as well. Luckily, it goes away a night when the system shuts down.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet so congratulations!

Tony -K2MO