RFI

Re: [RFI] Momentum Solar

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Momentum Solar
From: Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 02:10:47 -0400
Stephanie wrote:

> Distance is my friend. I'm at least 300 feet from the house. I have minimal noise

That is great news Stephanie. Things could have been a lot worse if your neighbor was closer.

To give you an idea how bad solar system noise can be, have a look at the video below. It shows the S-9 plus noise level caused by my neighbors solar system which is located 100 feet from my tower.

The video was recorded AFTER SolarEdge installed their version of RFI suppression. The noise was about 10db worse without it. It's still unacceptable by any standard, but that's the boat I'm in.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcx75m_zbv8

Tony -K2MO