RFI

Re: [RFI] "LED noise"

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] "LED noise"
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 20:10:18 -0800
Dave,

You and I are old enough to remember when QST was edited b active hams who were technically competent. A typical issue had several articles about things you could build, and they worked. It's been quite different since I got back on the air in 2003. QST is edited by "magazine" people, and last I heard, there was no review by anyone who was technically competent. Ward Silver, N0AX, who has edited the Handbook and Antenna Book for more than ten years, and written the Grounding and Bonding book, had a column that was the only thing in most issues you could count on as being solid science. Ward retired from that column several years ago. George Wallner, AA7JV, wrote a great piece on an easy to build vertical Yagi. Several years ago, there was a good piece on RF absorption in dense forests. Other than a few examples like those, it's been pretty slim pickings. And I see stuff that causes me to cringe in almost every issue that I take the time to skim.

73, Jim K9YC